Monday, June 11, 2007

Not Your Grandmomma's Blogmeet

The Paris Bloggers' Picnic was a resounding success because:

  1. Daniel Rose promised to buy me a hot dog stand
  2. I made out with King Negrito (pictured here)

Something tells me that neither will remember...

Other picnic highlights include:
  • Guarding the bushes as Petite peed no fewer than fifteen times
  • Watching Katia and Rhino perform Xanadu (captured on FwaB TV here)
  • Getting locked in the park after we ignored the guardian's whistle
  • Watching Amy make a near-donut of herself while attempting to scale the gates
  • Painting the sidewalk outside my apartment with a mélange of Pimm's Cup and Pringles
Police estimate that around 70 bloggers turned out for Saturday's picnic. Organizers put this number closer to five hundred.

Five hundred bloggers means that at least the same number of posts and no fewer than forty thousand photos will be circulating before Wednesday.

Thanks to everyone who came!

photo mosaic swiped from the Rhino
top photo poached from the Bear

19 comments:

Vivi said...

It was lovely to meet you as well! I'm looking forward to the next one.

rhino75 said...

GLORYDOGS 4 EVER (lol)

Unknown said...

you made out with someone else in my absence?

it's over between us, le meg.

amy said...

Oh man... I knew those pringles were going to end badly.

petite said...

TWICE. I peed twice.

Le Meg said...

Well then WHAT were you doing those other thirteen times?

The Late Bloomer said...

Had a blast... And it's probably safe to say that I left at *just* the right time -- because if I had had any more wine, I may have done something I surely would regret!

Thanks again for organizing it!

Dumdad said...

Owing to shyness and pressure of time, we didn't introduce ourselves to you. Sorry, but we would like to say thank you for co-organising the party. (We spoke to Petite and FrogWithaBlog so I must now zip over to Bookpacker).
We've posted our meagre collection of snaps on flickr.
And we look forward to the next bash when we will say hello. Promise.

Parisian Cowboy said...

I wish I had come ;).

JamRock said...

Me too. Please organise another one soon!:-)

Timbo said...

By your description, it sounds as if me and Petite have bladders that were separated at birth.

Anonymous said...

You made out with King Negrito?

What about my teapot and all those promises!? I even joined your FACEBOOK page!

Now I'm very depressed.

negrito said...

Meg, there are noises spreading around :)

Katia said...

Meg, it was a pleasure to meet you. You need to learn the words to Xanadu so you can join in next time ;)

ackamaracus said...

Very funny, very cool.
You and "la petite" sound like comical types. I've just spent the better part of the afternoon cheerily trawling through your stuff. Now I have to buckle down and write something long and dreary for a dull company in Aubervilliers. Thanks for the break. Any other picnics planned?

Anonymous said...

I hope your laurels are comfortable miss satin pajamas. But I'm sitting here like a sucker checking your blog every day for new posts. I hope everything is alright!

negrito said...

Where are u ???

Wide Lawns said...

Well I wasn't going to comment, but then I scrolled down and read your post that talked about the psychometer and then I clicked on that and read the old post, and I thought, dear me, I can't just leave and not give her a comment! So here is your comment. Your picnic looks like it was lovely and I didn't find you because I was searching for any sordid, unseemly things, but just because I like stories and pictures about Paris - and pinics in Paris too.

Unknown said...

huguenot has said it for me. has le meg forgotten her fans? I demand to see a post here within the next 24 hours or it's over between us.